Saturday 28 September 2013

Talya Baldwin - Illustration




What inspires you in your art?
Birds, maps, medieval breviaries, books, circuses, myths, fairy tales, children’s drawings, old photographs

What medium do you work in?
Biro, pen, pencil, felt-tip, fineliner, crayon, oil pastel, watercolour




What are you looking forward to at Make it Up North?
Meeting the other artists

What work are you showing at the event?
Framed drawings, limited edition screen and giclee prints, and a selection of cards

Have you any exciting news to share?
I’m starting up an interiors company. I’m making products for children’s bedrooms, and the first set went to print yesterday. I’m really looking forward to seeing them finished.

If you could sit in a room with any artist….who would it be and what would you ask them?
If I could go back in time, I’d go to the caves at Lascaux, when they were being painted. I wouldn’t ask anything; I’d be pretty happy just watching the artists at work.


Name your favourite quote/or philosophy to life?
We have art in order not to die of the truth (Friedrich Nietzsche)


If money was no object what piece of work would you create?
A huge drawing on the side of a building. I’d need a massive scaffold, and someone to film the drawing in progress so we could animate it later, and a weatherproof boiler suit, and someone to operate a pulley system to send cups of coffee up. That would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment